Our Lady Star of the Sea – Hurricane Irma Update # 1
Based on the most recent hurricane updates, please note the following:
- A Mandatory Evacuation has been issued for Our Lady Star of the Sea (Zone A). Mass will take place on Friday, 09/08 at 8:30 am and Saturday, 09/09 at 8:30 am. The 8:30 am Mass on Saturday will be the last liturgy for the Parish. All Masses (including Weekend Masses) will be cancelled until further notice.
- Due to the extreme circumstances, Bishop Estévez is allowing Pastors to offer dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation for September 10th. Msgr. Brennan has granted this dispensation. This dispensation is to assist the safety and conscience of the faithful, regardless of whichever parish within the Diocese they reside, and remains in effect regardless of the weather situation as it develops over the weekend in their local area. The faithful are encouraged to exercise prudence in determining whether or not to venture out in any storm and should contact their local parishes for specific changes.
- The special collection for Hurricane Harvey, scheduled for this weekend September 9th and 10th has been rescheduled for September 16th and 17th.
- All Monday and Tuesday activities, including the 8:30 am morning Masses, Bible Studies, R.C.I.A. and all other meetings have been cancelled.
- The Parish Office will close at noon on Friday. It will remain closed through at least Monday, September 11th – possibly longer depending on evacuation orders etc.
Please follow the directives of St. John’s County officials when it comes to mandatory evacuations. Be safe. We are praying for all of you!